Dr. Richard H. Madow and Dr. David M. Madow, better known in the dental industry as “The Madow Brothers,” did it again by hosting another successful event at the 17th annual “The Best Seminar Ever,” which took place November 11th and 12th at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Open to all dentists and dental team members, this year’s “The Best Seminar Ever” was as usual unlike any other seminar in the dental industry. The Madow Brothers took the stage by storm by opening with a “mockumentary” named Madow Mania that cleverly imitated the old Beatlemania newsreels of the 1960’s. The mockumentary ended with a parody of “I Saw Her Standing There” named, “Get Out of My Chair,” which featured the Madows in classic Fab Four suits complete with black velvet collars.
Another first at this year’s TBSE was the introduction of the M Club ― a unique buying club with exclusive member benefits formed by the Madow Brothers and Darby Dental Supply. The purpose of The M Club (http://www.855themclub.com ) is to save dental practices money and
enable them to become more successful and profitable. As part of the TBSE M Club debut, 100 iPad®2s were given away throughout the two-day event.
Throughout TBSE, random drawings were conducted for a wide variety of items that are currently available as M Club Rewards, such as a digital camera, navigation system, Wii system, flat screen TV and assorted gift cards.
“As planned, TBSE was a huge success; I could see in each attendee’s face that they were learning and having a good time,” remarked Dr. David Madow. “It was great to recognize familiar faces in the crowd but it was even better to see all the new faces that came out to experience ‘The Best Seminar Ever’ for the first time,” added Dr. Richard Madow.
For the first time at TBSE, The Madows moved beyond their unique style of infotainment and co-presented a lecture entitled “Creating Success for Dentists and Team Members” that provided a wealth of information and ideas that dentists and their teams could bring back to their office and start implementing immediately.
In addition, dental professionals were highly engaged in many other informative lectures from a stellar line-up of guest speakers, and were also able to earn up to 16 continuing education credits. Here’s a recap:
- Dr. David Hornbrook, the founder of PAC-Live and the Hornbrook Group, explained how to jump-start a dental practice to increased production and profitability like never before.
- Dr. Ryan Swain, the president and chief clinical instructor of Six Month Smiles, described how just about any practice can do short-term orthodontics successfully, predictably, and profitably.
- Dr. Hugh Flax demonstrated how to achieve an incredible level of excellence, create the practice of your dreams, earn a fantastic income, and have a great time while doing so.
- Kathy Metaxas explained the unique perspectives of each generation and how dental teams can “zap the gap” to eliminate the misunderstandings that may be dragging your practice down.
- Chef Jeff Henderson discussed his own obstacles in life and how he was able to overcome such hardships to achieve celebrity chef status.
- Dr. Rich Hirschinger revealed how dentists can get tons of new patients by dominating Google, the number one search engine.
- Jeff Civillico shared his experiences of bungee jumping off a unicycle and his experiences of running a marathon while juggling which taught the attendees about success and hard work.
- Fred Joyal shared key business and marketing tips and what to expect in the future with the predicted shortage of dentists.
- Dr. Bill Busch showed dentists how to use technology to stand above the competition while delivering exceptional patient care.
- Sean Stephenson, was born with the rare disease osteogenesis imperfecta, which not only confines him to a wheelchair, but makes his bones so brittle that if he laughs too hard he will shatter a rib. During his seminar, Stephenson explained how there is never time to give up.
With their suitcases barely unpacked, the Madow Brothers are already planning TBSE 2012 which will also be held at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on November 9th and 10th. TBSE 2012 promises once again to raise the bar and be “Best of the Best”. For information as it becomes available, simply sign up for advance TBSE notices at http://www.tbse.com.